Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sleepless Good Friday

"The Voice, pag dumating ka sa Pilipinas, mag-aaudition ako." 

I shouldn't have said those words because I know that it would be quite a difficult thing to fulfill. 

It's Holy Week 2012 right now. Specifically, in the middle of Good Friday and Black Saturday. It's actually 3:22 AM on my Mac watch and that would mean that it's really 2:40 or something. I should be tucked in bed sound asleep just like the rest of my family. We will be going to Tagaytay in a while and I am so excited to eat at one of my favorite places ever, Sonya's Garden. Unfortunately, I had to open my Twitter account and read the replies sent to me. One of those replies were my classmate's which stated that The Voice is being franchised in the Philippines. All the while, I thought it was X Factor but it was actually, The Voice. Now, I am contemplating an auditioning for the show. I have never done something like this and the idea alone would immediately be shut down by my family. And it's not in my plans as well. I don't know what to do really. A huge part of me is wanting to audition for the show while there is a big part of me that's just being swallowed by fear. If I were to be completely honest, this is something that I really really want. I mean this is just the thing that I've been waiting for. The reality is, I don't think I have what it takes. I don't think I have that much of a talent to impress the public and to back me up on my dreams. I don't mean to push aside becoming a doctor. I want to be a doctor too. But I would love it more to sing. I don't know. I'm quite crazy right now. I don't know what to make of what I've just learned. I googled the show and I've read that they'll be having the last auditions next week. Eeps. Let's see. Probably for the next season? I don't know. Grrr. I hate it. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment