Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Awakening

Some things just never change... especially when it's deeply imbedded into the essence of your being. 

I've always been a writer and that's just plainly one of the personas that I will always embody. Perhaps there were additional roles such as being the writer-leader, student-leader and editor. But aside from that, I've always been a writer. I've been writing for more than half of my life and I cannot really imagine myself from completely stop expressing myself through my words. Unfortunately, there were a couple of stumbles along this path and I felt the aversion toward something that I absolutely love. 

After being the editor-in-chief for the Nursing Journal for two years, I suddenly felt some sort of aversion towards the craft. I tried to counter it by participating in an essay writing contest but it really didn't afford much cure. I felt like there was a huge part of me that was sucked away. I tried to go on a sabbatical but I felt as if I no longer want to come out of my "sabbatical". It was more like an escape from expressing myself through words again. I just loathed the idea of having myself write once more simply because I keep on recalling the challenges that I went through and how I forced myself to write and edit for days.. months.. years. And when I got out of that obligation, I just went on and tried to leave it permanently. That's just it really. But my friend, Marielle, told me to try blogging once more and perhaps it may be better. So, here I am. I'm trying to get it back before it's completely lost. I just hope I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment