Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Again and again


Now, the time has come once again for the self-absorbed and self-conceited to reign. My mom's birthday is coming up and she's throwing another celebration. I don't know. I'm not that inclined to celebrating. They killed my birthdays year after year at some point in my life and the disappointments made me believe that there is nothing special to celebrate about every birthday except being thankful that God gave me another day. I mean.. counting by years is counting things collectively. Why not go for the days instead? That would make you realize how much more you are blessed by virtue of the great number that can be very appealing to the human eye.

Anyhow, I am really grateful for another year that my mom has reached and I do hope that she would have many more years to come. I'm just not that inclined to her celebrations. It can really be a stress inducer. I am lucky to have avoided it because of my medical shiznitz. Don't get me wrong. I like to be the one to throw and sponsor or organize her party. It's just not feasible with me being a medical student. Add to that, my siblings aren't really setting an example. they haven't organized a damn thing. Plus, who can when my mom organizes her own? Hehe. Oh well. I'm just going to try to enjoy it. So, for now, I shall study my butt off because I know it will be an insane week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment